Monday, April 8, 2013

Why are my braces still on?



Why are my braces still on?  A short skit with 5 Questions!
Those of you who have been in braces at our office may have experienced my “Are your teeth straight” stand-up comedy act!  It goes something like this:
Q. Are your teeth straight? (I never ask this question unless they really are pretty much straight!)
A.  Yes they are… (Sometimes we have to give the patient a mirror to look at their own teeth)
Q. So if your teeth are straight… “Why are your braces still on?”
A. Because my “bite” is off (sometimes we have to explain to our patients that you can have straight upper and lower arches but still have some type of overbite, overjet, openbite, etc.)
Q. So what do you think fixes your “bite”?
A. Robber bands!
Q. What happens if you do not wear your rubber bands as we instructed?
A. My bite will not get fix and MY BRACES WILL NOT COME OFF.
Q. So who is in charge of how much longer the braces are on?
A. You… the patient, are in charge, not the doctor, not your parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment